John’s Killer Protein® – Gingerbread Men High Protein Cookie Recipe
Get festive for the holidays and save your macros at the same time! Our high protein, low sugar gingerbread cookies are not only healthy and festive, but also insanely delicious!
Recipe makes 8 cookies. Macros for ALL 8 cookies are – Fat: 12g. Carbs: 17g. Protein: 26g
Total Prep Time: 45-50 minutes, including 10 minutes of cooking time.
- 2 Scoops John’s Killer Protein® – Complex Carb Blend. Organic Oats and Native Whey Protein Blend.
- 1 ⅓ cup almond flour (not almond meal)
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- Pinch sea salt
- 3 tbsp molasses
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 large egg
- Flour, as needed for rolling surface and rolling pin
- Decorations and Frosting are optional
- Combine first 8 ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
- Whisk together molasses, coconut oil and egg.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients.
- Place dough in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to chill.
- After 30 minutes, remove your dough. Flour your rolling surface and rolling pin very well.
- Roll dough to about ½ in thick.
- Cut into gingerbread men shape with cookie cutter.
- Place cut cookies on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Place cookie sheet in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Make sure to not burn the bottoms.
Remove from oven, allow to cool for about 10 minutes and decorate as desired. We hope you enjoy these delicious high protein gingerbread men cookies.
John’s Killer Protein® product used in this recipe: