Sweet Potato Chocolate Pancakes
Did you know that Sweet Potatoes make a great ingredient for healthy pancakes?
- Sweet potatoes are a great source of Vitamin A! In one sweet potato you may get 35-90% of your daily recommended value of Vitamin A.
- Mashed sweet potatoes are very moist and is a great base for baked goods.
- Sweet potatoes give pancakes a nice sweet flavor without having to add refined sugars.
Savory, delicious and packed with antioxidants, fiber and muscle building protein – our sweet potato chocolate pancake recipe is easy to make and a great way to use your leftover baked sweet potatoes. Made with our Organic Cacao N’ Whey – Antioxidant Blend, without any added sugars or artificial sweeteners.
Total prep time – around 5 minutes!
- 1 medium sweet potato (or Yam)
- 1 cup milk (we recommend whole, organic milk, but you can use any unsweetened milk of choice)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 scoop John’s Killer Protein® – Antioxidant Blend. Organic Cacao and Whey Protein Blend
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Optional for garnish: 1/2 cup fresh blueberries (And of you’re extra, also use 1/2 cup unflavored whole fat greek yogurt)
- Bake the sweet potato until tender (this can be done the night before). You will need 1/2 cup mashed.
- Blend all ingredients in a blender, until smooth.
- Add more milk if needed for the consistency of pancake batter.
- Pour the batter onto a hot griddle greased with nonstick cooking spray.
- Flip the pancakes when the begin to bubble and are golden brown on both sides.
- Serve warm topped with fresh blueberries (and Greek yogurt)
John’s Killer Protein® product used in this recipe