Celebrate this 4th of July in style with The John’s Killer Protein® Red White and Blue protein smoothie!
Here’s a fun recipe to make and share with friends this holiday. All protein, no added sugars or artificial sweeteners, and insanely delicious. This recipe makes two large smoothies. Hope you enjoy!
Ingredients – to make the base & “white” layer:
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt – we like the whole fat kind because it makes for a creamier smoothie, but feel free to use fat free if you prefer
- 3 scoops (75g) John’s Killer Protein® – Lean Blend – Grass Fed Irish Whey Isolate
- 1/2-1 cup unsweetened almond milk or skim milk (depending on desired thickness)
- 1/2 cup ice
Ingredients – to make the blue layer:
- 1 cup frozen blueberries – you can substitute with fresh blueberries
- 1/3 cup cool whip
- Optional – a few drops of blue food coloring to make that blue color pop!
Ingredients – to make the red layer:
- 1 cup frozen strawberries (or raspberries) – you can substitute with fresh berries.
- To make the base and white layer: Mix all the ingredients from the base & white layer together and blend until smooth – approximately 15 seconds. Set aside.
- To make the blue layer: Take 1/3 of the blended base mix from step 1 and add the blueberries (and optional food coloring). Blend again for 15 seconds. Gently fold in the whip cream. Set aside your blue layer.
- To make the red layer: Take half of the remaining base mix (after making the blue layer in step 2) and add to it the strawberries. Blend again for 15 seconds.
- At this point, you should have the base mix as the “white layer”, the blue layer and the red layer.
- In two tall glass cups, pour an equal amount of the red mix as the red layer into each. Add the base mix as the white layer and rotate, in equal amounts between the red and white layers, until you’ve completely used both.
- Top each cup with the blueberry blend as the “blue” layer, garnish with a banana slice and enjoy right away.
Happy 4th of July!
John’s Killer Protein® product used in this recipe