Are you the kind of person who’s always on the go? Want to have a high-protein snack that you can easily carry with you and eat on the run? John’s Killer Energy Bars are exactly what you’re looking for.
- 1/2 cup whole organic milk (substitute for skim milk)
- 1 cup organic peanut butter (chunky if available)
- 1 ½ cups of John’s Killer Protein™ Organic Cacao Blend
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 cups of organic oatmeal
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup white yogurt chips (substitute with ground walnuts)
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds (optional)
Enjoy this delicious combination of chocolate, peanut butter, and premium quality whey protein. These homemade energy bars will put the store-bought kind to shame!Over low heat in a saucepan, warm the peanut butter, honey, and milk. Slowly add John’s Killer Protein™, cinnamon, organic oatmeal and white yogurt chips (or ground walnuts). Turn off heat and slowly stir together until evenly blended. Press batter into a 10” x 12” pan. Use a baking sheet to avoid the batter sticking to the bottom and sides of the pan. Sprinkle chia seeds and shredded coconut (if available) and press into batter. Leave the pan out to completely cool. Cut into preferred size individual bars – recipe should make 12 to 16 bars. Wrap each bar in wax paper or plastic to store. John’s Killer Protein™ Energy Bars taste best at room temperature, but can also be eaten cold. Enjoy!